It's still drying, SO HOPEFULLY it will dry nicely. We first tested on 2 small ones, with two different yarns and 2 different glues.....then we chose the best one and did the BIG one. Crossing my fingers!!
How we made the ball :
- blow up the exercise ball
- mark a 6-7 inch circle off-center (this is for your hand so you can change the bulb)
- plastic on the floor (it will get real messy)
- wear gloves (it will get messy, I mean it)
- rub Vaseline all over the exercise ball (this prevents the yarn from sticking to the surface once the glue is applied)
- put wallpaper paste into a large bowl
- unravel the ball of yarn (we used 300 yards for a 31" ball) dip it into the paste & saturate it completely
- begin wrapping the saturated yarn around the ball randomly covering as much of the open space as possible without covering the drawn circle
- once the ball is all wrapped in yarn, let it dry about 24 hours (we placed ours on top of a cardboard box for stability)
- once dry, deflate ball carefully & pull it through the circle opening (the same opening used to change the bulb) very carefully.
Click here for full instructions