Hi MadeByGirl readers! It's Jenny Bevlin. I'm super excited to get the opportunity to be a contributor on MadeByGirl. I can't wait to show you some great DIY projects!
I don't know about you, but when it comes to holiday decorations I love everything that glitters and sparkles. These sequin ornaments were actually a happy accident. While working on another project, some of the sequins I was using ended up getting wet from the condensation of my nearby water glass.
The sequins stuck to the glass. Surprisingly, once the water evaporated, the sequins stayed on the glass. This got me thinking that maybe this would work on the inside of glass ornaments. I tried it and this DIY project was born! What you need to make these ornaments:
- Clear ornaments
- Cold Water
- Remove the top of the ornament.
- Fill the ornament with cold water and then empty the water out.
- Dry only the outside of the ornament.
- Fill the bottom of the ornament with sequins.
- Cover the ornament with the top.
- Swirl the sequins around the inside of the ornament. You will notice that the sequins stick to the inside of the ornament. Continue to swirl until you have the inside covered.
- Take the top off the ornament and dump out the extra sequins. You can also leave the extra sequins in the bottom of the ornament.
- The water will eventually dry on the inside and the sequins will remain stuck to the inside of the ornament.
- No need to wait for the water to dry though, you can hang your creations from your mantle or on your tree with sparkly ribbon right away!
- images by Jenny Bevlin
-post by jenny bevlin