I've been blogging since 2006. Throughout these years I've gotten so many emails asking questions like, how did I get started blogging & what does it take to get to this point & higher?
However, the most common question I've been asked has been:
What tips can you offer about blogging?
None. Just kidding. Tips are always useful and anyone can benefit from them if done correctly. Below are some basic ones I'll share today...
- Create an appealing looking design for your blog
- Make sure your blogging about a subject your passionate about
- Post at least 5x a week.
- Comment on other blogs as much as time permits.
- Be Patient when building your blog - give it time to grow
- Don't be discouraged if you have no/few comments within the first 6 months
- Make sure all photos posted are crisp & clear
- Take time to respond to comments/questions whenever possible
- Respond to emails as much as possible
- Be ready for more emails/questions the more your blog grows
- Be yourself
- Before you consider selling ad space, make sure you have a relatively large following on your blog.
- Photos are extremely important & they should be clear - not blurry. Flash photos are a no-no in my opinion!
- If you're blogging as a business, then you must spend time on your blog & create worthwhile posts.
- Unique content is a big plus. People love seeing photos of your home & your DIY projects, so photograph it all if you can & post away.
A few books that I read that will definitely help you are 'Publish & Prosper', 'Blogging For Dummies' & 'Start Your Own Blogging Business'.
Hope these basic tips will help you get started on your blogging journey!
-image via valentina design