12 oz. grape tomatoes
10 oz. kale chopped (ribs removed)
8 oz. spicy Italian sausages (2 large links)
1/2 cup olive oil plus 3 tablespoons
4 oz. ricotta cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Grill sausage links on medium heat for 15 minutes, turning often.
- Meanwhile, place tomatoes on a baking pan and drizzle with 3 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake tomatoes for 20 minutes or until bursting and slightly charred on the outside.
- Slice jalapenos and sauté in 1/2 cup olive oil for about 6 minutes or until jalapenos are soft and you can begin to smell their spicy aroma.
- While the jalapenos are cooking, slice the cooked sausage links in to thin slices.
- Remove pan from heat and discard jalapenos, but keep the oil in the pan.
- Place kale into the infused oil and toss until all the leaves are coated in the oil. The heat from the oil and pan will warm the kale and soften it slightly.
- Combine the kale, tomatoes and sausage in a large bowl. Add ricotta cheese and the juice from 1/2 of a lemon and toss.