Hey MBG readers! It’s Caren here. Am I getting old, or is this year really going by at lightening speed?
This past weekend marked the start of the holiday season for me, as it’s Canadian Thanksgiving. Then we will celebrate the US version real soon, then onto the Christmas holidays. The next few months will no doubt be filled with way too many opportunities to over indulge.
Whether I’m entertaining, or I’ve offered to bring a dish to a party, this appetizer never fails to hit a home run. Not only does Tofu Chevre put any baked brie to shame, it’s also super low fat and high in protein. Served warm with some crackers and fruit preserves, it doesn’t get much better than this.
They're also fabulous served cold on salads.
- 1 16-ounce container of extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons of French mustard
- 2 tablespoons of miso paste
- 1 tablespoon of tamari or soy sauce
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- Press tofu for 15 minutes under a weighted plate to extract any excess liquid.
- Mix ingredients in a food processor until it becomes a well formed ball.
- Portion chevre into disks or a long roll (much like a goat cheese log would look like)
- Feel free to use sesame seeds, dried basil or any other seasoning to dress the cheese
- Place chevre in the freezer for 20 minutes until well formed.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm & enjoy!
-Images and post by caren Magil