Hey Everyone! Cassandra here from coco+kelley. I was thrilled when Jen asked me to contribute a little piece on last minute gifts for guys here on her fabulous blog. (Does this girl have style and talent or what?!) I find gift giving to be a huge challenge because I really like to keep it personal, so I hope that in my selections you'll find a little inspiration for ways to do that!
1. J. Crew Classic Messenger Bag: I always seem to end up shopping J. Crew for the holidays - from their classic sweaters to their smaller accessories, I don't think you can go wrong with a gift for your guy here! Check out "The Always List" for their best men's picks. My favorite is the classic messenger back. It will only get better with age (and hopefully, so will he!).
2. In it To Win it Card Case: For a business guy who takes things seriously... well, kinda. I'm in love with this classic case contrasted by casual writing and lots of personality. Why not slip him a little note inside too?
3. Every 'manly' man needs one of these. Or so I've been told. This classic pocket knife from the Sundance catalog is just gorgeous with its bone and brass detail, and the monogram makes it much more personal.
4. We could all use some cool pieces to dress up our workspace a bit, so why not go vintage and get him something one of a kind? Do a little search for 'vintage desk' on Etsy to find your own unique accessories? Try a brass scale for your lawyer, bookends for the classics lover, or vintage globes like this one for your world traveler.
5. For the guy who never (or always!) pays, I love these dice by Jack Spade. A perfect little stocking stuffer that leaves the bill up to chance.
6. The Nixon 51-30 watch is one of my favorite styles. Classic with a bit of an edge, this specific edition is only available at Barneys, and I adore the chocolate brown face details with the brushed stainless steel band.
7. We couldn't do a gift guide without an option for the sports lover! While season tickets and paraphernalia are always a good option, why not try something a little different? These ballpark cufflinks from Red Envelope are classy and contain a little piece of baseball history - each inset is crafted from an authentic seat from stadiums around the country! I'd take a Fenway pair myself...
8. Barware is another classic gift for the man in your life. I always like to go for swanky sets, monogrammed accessories or vintage goods. These decanters would be ideal for any cocktail connoisseur or entertainer. Find something that fits his personality and go with it!
9. We all know guys hate to grow up, so give him a print that let's him know he can still party with the best of them. This poster from CD Ryan should get the job done.
10. One of my best girlfriends has been dating a car lover for about a year now, and I think I'm going to have to recommend this book just for her! The Chapman's Car Compendium is a must have book of random trivia and car knowledge for any enthusiast.