Good morning Made By Girl readers! Jen from Pretty Eats here with a great way to start your day, Almond Milk Oatmeal with lots of yummy toppings. I'll admit it, I'm more of a "coffee for breakfast" type of girl, something I'm trying to change this year. To make breakfast tempting, I make it beautiful and adaptable to any tastes I'm craving at the moment - sliced nuts and fresh fruit are my favorites! The lovely thing about multi grain oatmeal is that you don't need a lot to fend off hunger for hours. Also, high quality grain blends can be found pre-packaged or simply in your grocery's bulk bins. Simple, tasty, and easy!
Almond Milk Oatmeal with Chia & Blackberries:
Ingredients: makes 1 serving
• 1 c 7 Grain Blend cereal (rye, wheat, oats, barley, etc)
• 1/2 c almond milk
• pinch of sea salt
• 2 big dollops of your favorite yogurt
• 1 tsp chia seeds
• Additional toppings such as sliced almonds, crushed pistachios, and blackberries.
• Heat almond milk to simmering and pour over oats with a small pinch of salt.
• Stir and allow oats to soften for a few minutes.
• Add toppings of your choice, such as yogurt, chia seeds, almonds, crushed pistachios and blackberries. Enjoy!
-Post & photos by jen olson
Home / breakfast / chia seed / contributor / food / healthy. / jen olson / oatmeal. / FOOD: Almond Milk Oatmeal with Chia & Blackberries