This is so easy, no peeling of the squash and no long baking time. Adjust flavors and ingredients to what floats your boat, and celebrate this golden season with a delectable little Fall treat!
Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash with Honey Mustard Cream
Ingredients: makes 4 halves
• 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
• 1 cup cooked quinoa
• 1 cup cannellini beans
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1/2 cup crumbled feta
• 1/4 cup each, chopped green onion and parsley, plus more for garnish
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• 2 tablespoons each, brown mustard and yellow mustard
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• Salt & pepper to taste
• Place squash halves cut side down in a microwave-safe container. Cover with a paper towel, cook 10 minutes or until soft.
• In a small jar or other lidded container, combine Honey Mustard Cream ingredients (last 5 ingredients listed). Shake well and adjust seasoning to suit your taste.
• Saute onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes.
• In a bowl, combine onion, garlic, beans, quinoa, feta, parsley, and green onion. Season with salt and pepper to suit your taste.
• Lay cooked squash halves on a baking sheet lined with parchment, cut side up. Fill with quinoa mixture, topping with more feta if desired.
• Set broiler to low heat.
• Broil acorn squash for 5 minutes until fragrant and golden (keep an eye on them!)
• Drizzle with Honey Mustard Cream, top with additional green onion and parsley. Enjoy!
-images and recipe by jen olsen