During our weekend stay-cation at the Loews Regency this past August - I got to try out the Julien Farel hair care products & best of all the Julien Farel hair dryer. Who knew?!
When I pulled the dryer out of the cute little bag & turned it on, the airflow was smooth & quiet. Felt fantastic over my head & scalp. I was so impressed by how quickly it dried my hair and how smooth it felt, I wanted to take it home with me. Of course, that would be stealing, and I'm no thief.
So, the people at Julien Farel gifted one to me, awesome.... & here is the result I captured with my iPhone pic. This is now, my go-to hair dryer. It retails in his salon for $90 - not bad huh? Totally worth it! You can call to purchase or just walk in & buy one! (address below)
It's so important to have a good dryer, along with some great hair products. If you have a cheapo hair dryer, like I used to have....a few things can happen like:
- They can burn your hair because they pack a lot of heat.
- It can take a lot longer to dry the hair - in turn, burning & damaging it.
- I also had an issue with my old dryer, where my hair would get snagged in the fan piece on the end, that was painful.
When you're shopping for a hair-dryer, consider these things:
- choose a dryer that has a variety of temps (cool,warm,hot)
- Quiet dryers are just that, quieter. I always prefer a more quiet hair dryer, that's why this one is perfect.
- choose one that has a concentrator to direct the air to where you need it most.
You can easily spend anywhere between $80-$200 on a "worthwhile" professional hairdryer these days, and I def say you should!
Julien Farel Salon
540 Park Ave, New York, NY 10065
-post by jen ramos
-bottom left image via hotel chatter