Well, I finally got on the chia seed bandwagon and I think you should too with this recipe. I made the most scrumptious slightly sweet, chia seed, vanilla pudding topped with fresh berries and crunchy granola. Since I made my first batch, I’ve been eating it everyday for breakfast and it has been such a happy and healthy way to start my day that I want to share this recipe with everyone I know. I think after you give this recipe a try, you will know exactly what I’m talking about. Now go make some and let us know what you think.
Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding with Fresh Berries
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (preferably grade B)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- Strawberries and blueberries
- Granola (I used KIND Cinnamon Oat Clusters)
- In a medium bowl, gently whisk the almond milk, yogurt, maple syrup, the vanilla and 1/8 teaspoon salt until just blended. Whisk in chia seeds; let stand 30 minutes. Stir to distribute the seeds if they have settled. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, in a medium bowl, toss the berries with maple syrup (I made sure to coat them evenly). Mix in the granola.
- Spoon the pudding into small mason jars; mound with berries and granola mixture on top and serve. Or cover with lids and store in the refrigerator for the week.
-post and images by jen costea