I like to do a mix of sweet and savory dishes and today I want to share with you one of my favorite savory options, one that has a little bit of kick. Fall is the perfect time for soup, and what better way to enjoy a soup, than with pumpkin. What I love about soup, is that it's the perfect thing to make and then freeze and have yummy little lunches to take with you to work our enjoy on a night when your crunched for time. This soup is hearty, healthy, and delicious... and super easy to make. Give it a try and please, be sure to let me know how you like it.
Ingredients: serves 8
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 1 Tb. olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 red onion, copped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 Tb. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 Tb. dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 16 oz. can pure pumpkin puree
- 15 oz. can white beans, drained
- 4 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 2 Tb. red wine vinegar
- 2 - 3 Tb. honey for drizzle
- Pumpkin seeds and cayenne pepper for garnish
- Sauté oil, garlic, onion, and jalapeños for 3-5 min. until soft; add cumin, oregano and salt and store; Sauté for an additional 3 min.
- Stir in vegetable stock, pumpkin puree, spinach, and white beans; let simmer for 20 min., uncovered
- Add red vinegar and drizzle with honey; simmer for an additional 5 min.
- Serve warm and make it sparkle with cayenne pepper and pumpkin seeds
Happy Pumpkin Season!
- recipe & photos by Fallon Carmichael , Sage + Sparkle