MadeByGirl
FASHION // DESIGN // ART // FOOD // PIECES OF MY LIFE

January 21, 2013

Design: Refresh your home

Hi MadeByGirl readers, Amanda here with a few ideas to refresh your home without jumping too soon to Spring. With all our holiday decorations put away, it's amazing how empty a house can feel! 

So as soon as mid-January hits, I like to freshen things up by adding in just a hint of color usually with a potted plant or a blush colored pillow and switching out the blacks for dark blues but the fur blankets and high pile rugs stay. Since it's still so cold out, I like to hang onto that winter cozy feeling.


______________________

-post by amanda dietz


15 comments:

Carissa said...

Great post Amanda! I love the idea of adding succulents as a way to cheer up a home post holidays!

xx
Carissa

MiA said...

Love the second picture! The printed paper R really amazing!
XOXO
Con café y tacones

MiA said...

WOW! the second picture is so nice!
XOXO
Con café y tacones

Lisa said...

Love that orchid in the second photo, adds a little freshness and a hint of spring!

Fabricotti luce said...

wow! thanks for the great tips! iris

The Scorpian Crafter said...

Such great ideas!! I can't wait to incorporate them into my home.

Karen Albert said...

Jen I adore the Indigo Zebra Rug!!I also like to switch out my pillows!

xoxo
Karena
2013 Artists Series

Chantelle said...

I can't wait to have my own house and decorate it seasonally. So exciting!

Jennifer@ClassicStyleHome said...

I love those pillows! They would go perfect in my black and white bedroom!

Taylor Morgan said...

love these tips to mixing things up!

love from NYC,

Taylor
taylormorgandesign.blogspot.com
Shop Taylor Morgan, Free Shipping

Danie at Pasadya said...

You always have gorgeous picks, Amanda! Love those rugs. :)

Hannah said...

I love a good vintage b&w photograph print!

Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

cinzee said...

Lovee the zebra print wallpaper:D Rug is a great way to decorate a room during those chilly days! Great way to refresh a home after the festive holidays:D

Cinz
http://cinzee.wordpress.com

Chateau À Gogo said...

Love the pillows -Brandy

Just Another Shopaholic said...

Amazing tips!! Loving that zebra rug.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails