the corner, I have an incredible recipe for you, No-Churn Ice Cream! Yes that's right. No
ice cream machine needed, no cooking involved! The ingredients are not for the faint of heart
(heavy cream, anyone?), but the results are just beyond creamy and delectable. What I truly
love about this ice cream recipe is being able to make whatever flavors we can think up.
I've provided 3 flavor recipes for you today, Strawberry, Mint Chip, and Rocky Road, but don't
let that stop you from making up your own flavor profiles. Please join me while I mix some of
this No-Churn Ice Cream up and welcome Summer just a little bit early!
No-Churn Ice Cream // Strawberry / Mint Chip / Rocky Road
Ingredients: makes 1 1/2 quarts each
Ice Cream Base :
• 14 oz condensed milk
• 1 pint heavy cream
• pinch of salt
• Cardboard ice cream containers (1 quart size shown here), or other freezable container.
• Strawberry 1/4 c diced fresh strawberries, 1 tsp vanilla extract, & 1/3 cup strawberry
• Mint Chip 5 drops peppermint extract, 3 drops green food coloring, & 1/2 c mini
• Rocky Road 1/4 c cocoa powder, 1/2 c toffee peanuts, 1/2 cup mini marshmallows, 1/2
cup mini chocolate chips, & 1/4 c chocolate syrup.
• In a mixer with the whisk attachment, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form.
• With mixer on low, drizzle in condensed milk, add pinch of salt. Beat until medium stiff
peaks form Use a spatula to scrape the sides and insure all is well combined.
• Proceed with the following directions per flavor:
• Strawberry Add vanilla while whisk is on low. Spoon mixture into freezable containers,
alternating layers of ice cream base with strawberry jam. Top with fresh strawberries.
Freeze for a minimum of 2-3 hours, or until frozen throughout.
• Mint Chip Add peppermint extract and green food coloring while whisk is on low. Mix
in chocolate chips by hand, folding with a spatula. Spoon into freezable containers and
freeze for a minimum of 2-3 hours, or until frozen throughout.
• Rocky Road Add cocoa powder with whisk on low, combine well. Spoon mixture into
freezable containers, alternating layers of ice cream with the peanuts, marshmallows,
chocolate chips, and drizzles of chocolate syrup. Freeze for a minimum of 2-3 hours, or
until frozen throughout.
-post by jen olson