Before baby came into the picture my husband & I were not into BIG baby things. So, when we first saw the MamaRoo - we both looked at each other & said, "no way."
Well, fast-forward a month later (baby now in the picture) & that "no way" became "yes way!" On the recommendation of a friend whose a mom & my own mother, we were convinced that the MamaRoo was the way to go for comforting our baby when we couldn't hold him. This infant seat basically swings from side-to-side & bounces up-and-down just like we do when we are holding him.
As fate would have it, the people over at 4 Moms contacted me & said they'd gift Noah a MamaRoo - so I said YES!! I'll try it.
I admit, we had no idea where we would put this thing. We certainly didn't want our home looking like a baby palace...we tend to be clutter-free types. This was going to be a challenge. When we received the MamaRoo, Noah immediately LOVED it. And honestly, it wasn't as humongous when we saw it in relation to everything else in our home. Here he is (below) asleep in my work studio. This thing gets him to SLEEP pretty quickly & I am now able to concentrate on other tasks. Seriously, I don't know what we would've done without this.
Here's a bit about the seat & what it does:
- sways back & forth, side to side
- can do 5 unique motions
- can be controlled with your smartphone
- has built-in sounds & P3 Plug-in
- Can play your own music from your smartphone
- seat fully reclines really well
- reversible toy balls for your baby to look at (Noah is still figuring these out)
- reversible newborn insert, (I recommend this for added support!)
- several colors to choose from, (we chose the classic black)
'BABY' onesie from hello apparel.
Have you tried the MamaRoo? What do you think?
-images by jen ramos