Hi Made By Girls! This is Jen from Pretty Eats bringing you a fun and decadent way to wake up, Double Chocolate Pancakes. I love trying to incorporate non-dairy options in my recipes, and experimented with Chocolate Soy Milk with these pancakes…delish!! Now these thick, chocolately treats are really more dessert than breakfast, but once in a while won't hurt. Don't forget my trick to make these cakes even more special, a sprinkle of fresh berries on top! Enjoy!
Double Chocolate Pancakes
Ingredients: makes 10 medium sized pancakes
• 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 2 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1 1/2 cup chocolate soy milk
• 1 egg
• 1 tsp vanilla
• High quality maple syrup
• Fresh berries of your choice
• In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients and whisk well. Allow batter to sit for 15 minutes (or refrigerate if longer than 15 min).
• On a greased griddle (medium heat), scoop 1/4 cups of the batter onto surface. Flip when bubbles begin to rise to the top.
• Stack 'em up, drizzle some syrup, and enjoy with a topping of fresh berries!
-post by jen olson
Home / breakfast / Chocolate / contributor / foodie / healthy / jen olson. / pancakes / sweets / FOOD: Double Chocolate Pancakes