to impress, Salted Caramel Pavlovas. This meringue recipe has been a family stand-by
for ages, and I've been inspired to add a touch of caramel and sea salt. Pavlovas are such a simple cookie to make, don't tell your guests that though! These would also be lovely with fresh berries on top with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
Salted Caramel Pavlovas
Ingredients: makes 6 pavlovas
• 2 egg whites
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
• Sea salt
• 3/4 c sugar
• Jar of prepared caramel sauce
• Preheat oven to 325 F
• Beat egg whites, extract, tartar, and salt until soft peaks form.
• Gradually add sugar. Beat until glossy and stiff peaks form.
• On a parchment lined baking sheet, spoon 3" wide mounds of the mixture.
• Drizzle 1/2 tsp of caramel sauce on each mound. Gently swirl with a butter knife.
• Bake pavlovas for 20-25 minutes. Turn off oven, allow pavlovas to sit in oven for
another 20 minutes.
• Drizzle with additional caramel sauce, sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt, and enjoy!
-post by Jennifer Olson