Ingredients: (serves 2)
• 1 chicken breast, poached or grilled, sliced
• 1 quart high quality chicken stock
• 2 c rice noodles, cooked according to directions
• 2 tbsp minced ginger • 1 tbsp minced garlic
• 1/2 c each, finely sliced shallot, fennel, and green onion
• 1/2 c bean sprouts
• A few slices of jalapeno
• Fresh sprigs of basil and cilantro
• Lime wedges, plum sauce, hot sauce Directions:
• Heat chicken stock, ginger, and garlic until boiling. Remove from heat.
• Simply assemble bowls beginning with noodles, chicken, and vegetables.
• Ladle hot broth into bowls and top with herbs, sauces, and a squeeze of lime!
-recipe and photos by jen olsen