Hi Made By Girl! This is Jen from Pretty Eats with a gorgeous creamy dish that will warm you up - until Spring is in full bloom! Love rich flavors but not the guilt? This Creamy Potato Soup with Pancetta & Chives gives comfort food satisfaction in a small package! Incredibly easy to whip up, this method can be used to make just about any vegetable soup you'd like. What I adore about this recipe is it's versatility - it's perfect for a cozy dinner at home yet elegant enough to serve at your next party (don't chives make everything look fancy?) So stay in tonight and snuggle up to this warming, creamy meal.
Creamy Potato Soup with Pancetta & Chives
Ingredients: serves 2 as dinner /6 as small appetizer
• 4 russet potatoes / washed, peeled, and diced
• 1 clove minced garlic
• 1 cup milk (or your favorite dairy-free milk)
• 1 cup good chicken stock
• 4 thin slices of pancetta
• 1/4 cup creme fraiche (or sour cream)
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
• Chopped chives for garnish
• Boil diced potatoes in a large pot of water until very soft, 8-10 min. Drain.
• Over medium heat, pan-fry the pancetta until crispy. Remove from pan and quickly saute the minced garlic for 1 minute.
• In a blender or food processor, in 2-3 batches, blend potatoes, sauteed garlic, milk, and stock to a smooth consistency.
• Return blended soup to pot. Add 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp fresh pepper, or more/less to suit your taste.
• Heat soup over medium heat until nice and warm.
• Top with a dollop of creme fraiche, a piece of crispy pancetta, and a sprinkle of chives. Enjoy!
- post by jen olson