- Rinse off your apple with water & dry it well. Chop the honey crisp apples into slices - you can slice them into relatively thin pieces like I did mine.
- Once the apple is chopped, dry it again to remove the excess moisture so that the chocolate will have an easier time adhering to the apple.
- Break your Green & Black's bar into small square pieces - I used about half of the bar for one apple. Put the chocolate into a small, but somewhat deep bowl. Insert the chocolate into the microwave & add 30 seconds. Keep an eye on it the whole time as chocolate tends to get hot fast and burn! If this happens, it will NOT go on smooth & you will have to re-do. After the 30 seconds, remove the chocolate from microwave & stir a bit. If the chocolate hasn't melted, add it into the microwave again for another 10-15 second interval. Remove again & stir until it is fully melted. Stirring will help melt the chocolate faster. Once it is melted with a smooth consistency, then it is time to dip your apple pieces!
- Dip one apple slice at a time halfway into the bowl, you can use a spoon to fill in any spots on the apple not covered with chocolate. I decided to dip them halfway - it's just easier to hold. Hold the apple in the air over the bowl & let any chocolate-drippings fall into the bowl. Once it feels like it's no longer dripping, carefully place it onto a clean plate. Once placed down, do not move them around or it will be a mess! Repeat this with every slice - once you've dipped all the pieces, it's time for the decor with glitter!!
- I decided to decorate the apples with edible glitter from Rainbow Dust edible glitter. For my DIY - I chose the Gold. Just place some glitter in your hand & sprinkle it over the plated apples. There you have it!
-top photo by jen ramos