Zucchini & Lemon Breakfast Bread
3 cups of all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
Zest of half a lemon + juice of half a lemon1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Grease and flour two 8x4 inch pans or two muffin tins. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, combine shredded zucchini, lemon zest, lemon juice and chopped walnuts. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
4. In a third bowl, beat eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar together until well combined.
5. Add your bowl of sifted ingredients into the egg-sugar mixture and mix well. Stir in the zucchini-lemon-nut mixture until everything is combined. Pour the batter into the prepared pans or muffin tins.
6. Bake for 40 minutes to an hour, until a toothpick inserted in the center of your bread or a muffin comes out clean. Time will vary based on whether you use the bread pans or muffin tins. Let the pans or muffin tins cool on a rack for 20 minutes…if you can!
7. If you want to freeze the second loaf or some of the muffins, just wrap them individually with Saran wrap and place in a freezer Ziploc bag. To thaw, just let sit on the counter until they come to room temperature.
*Photos and recipe by Lauren Craig