The key in simple recipes is always high quality ingredients, mainly the bittersweet chocolate used in these treats. Since making these peanut butter cups at home, I seemed to have gained a few admirers (everyone in my house)! Go on, try these for yourself and earn a parade in your honor!
Salted Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 c bittersweet chocolate chips (Ghiradeli used here)
- 3/4 c natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- sea salt
- In a microwave-safe container, combine chocolate and coconut oil. Microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring in-between, until chocolate is just melted.
- Place mini muffin cups on a cutting board or flat plate.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate into each cup.
- Pop into freezer for a few minutes, until chocolate is firm.
- Remove cups from freezer. Spoon 1 tablespoon of peanut butter into the center of each cup, taking care not to touch the sides of the paper.
- Spoon 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate around and on top of peanut butter.
- Sprinkle sea salt on top of each cup.
- Place cups back into freezer for a few minutes, until firm, and try not to eat all 12 at once!
Enjoy your weekend!
- Post & photos by Jen Olson