There's a cafe here on the upper East Side which I frequent during the summer days. It has been hot & humid the last few weeks & there is no doubt Summer is here. Like many of you, I crave iced coffee.
However, there is nothing like coming home to your own machine. This past weekend we tried using our new VertuoLine machine (thanks to Nespresso), which is a single-cup coffee maker. This machine is strictly a coffee + espresso maker with a sleek new design. It pours your drink with Nespresso's signature crema layer, making your coffee look more gourmet! So, again I repeat, this machine only makes coffee & espresso - so if that's your thing, then this is the machine for you.
Here's the Summer drink we made with the VertuoLine - which also makes for a great entertaining iced coffee:
- Prepare a full sized cup of Nespresso Vertuoline coffee to your taste.
- Add sweetener to taste (agave works great for this).
- Chill with ice until very cold - a shaker works best for this, or alternatively chill it for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Put into glass with new ice.
- Slowly pour 2 tablespoons very cold heavy cream over the top, mix & enjoy.
This brewer does not have a frother, so if you'd like to make this drink above, you'll have to buy the frother & brewer package here. Also, please check out the cute Nespresso video we made on my instagram.
-images by jen ramos