In total it takes a bout 4 hours to make but the actual time you will spend on it, is very minimal. The longest part is just letting it sit in fridge. Easy enough, right?! I don't know about you, but for me the holidays are a whirlwind, I feel like they are over before they even start... so easy is a must! The original recipe was adapted from good ol' Martha, however see below for the slight changes/additions I made.
- 1 bar (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup coarsely grated sharp white cheddar (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup shelled unsalted pistachios, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Assorted crackers, for serving
- In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, cheddar,dijon, and worcestershire until well combined; season with salt and pepper. (TIP: I used my bullet to make sure everything was mixed perfectly)
- Cover then refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Toast pistachios over medium heat, stirring frequently, until fragrant and golden, about 7 minutes; set aside and let cool
- Once cooled mix in bowl with dried cranberries
- Transfer cheese mixture to a piece of waxed or parchment paper; using paper, shape into a 6" long log. Roll in pistachio/cranberrie mixture, pressing them firmly to adhere.
- Wrap log in a fresh piece of waxed or parchment paper and place back into refrigerator for additional 1 to 2 hours (or up to 1 day) to firm.
- Serve with crackers.
I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday. See you in the new year!!!
-post by Fallon Carmichael, Sage + Sparkle