Today I was looking at my archives and came across my first post EVER from 2006. It's kind of cute & funny...I had zero comments. One month later I posted on my blog again. Back then I really wasn't serious about it, but I soon realized how important of a tool it was for me & my business. Get what I mean?
I get a ton of emails all the time (some I answer & some I just never get to cause of lack of time) and I apologize to those people I didn't respond to. The one thing people always ask me is how do I get people to read my blog?!?!?
Here are just a few tips:
- Update your blog at least 5 days a week
- Comment on other blogs
- Give your business card (with blog url) to anyone you meet
- Form relationships and be friendly with other bloggers
- Try to attend events that relate to what you write about on your blog
- Post photos that are clear, bright, non-blurry & big enough to see!
- When you write, be yourself. Don't worry about what others are writing about, write what you feel and what inspires you.
- Be Patient. It took me almost an entire year to actually gain followers and retain a steady amount of comments.
I could go on & on but I have to get to work....enjoy!